Friday, September 26, 2014

9/26/14


I've been a ill since yesterday, nothing serious; probably just a cold that has me tired and achy. Yet, I don't mind.  It helps me be still.

I drift in and out of a meditative state, feeling the tension of the past few months being released as a lightness filling me.

During this time of trials, physical, mental and legal) I remember a story I was told of Padre Pio.

Though within the protection of a monastery, he too was challenged. Even the Church restricted what he could do.

Once, when being questioned by Church officials regarding the validity of the stigmata, Padre Pio just stood there smiling.

One official got angry and scolded him. "Why are you smiling? Don't you know this is a serious matter?"

Padre Pio replied, "I smile because I am with God and nothing you say or do can take that from me."

And then he walked out.

Not sure if that is a true story. It certainly sounds like something he would do. True or not, the story gives me strength to ignore those who would distract me with worldly concerns.

It helps me stay with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment