Saturday, October 11, 2014

back again

This is just a diary, just a place to write down thoughts, record actions, keep a record of walking in this world.

So - went to San Diego to attend the wedding of a dear friend, Lilian C. I've known her for years but hadn't seen her for the longest time up until last year when she came to Tucson for the Gem Show.

It was as if time and space was meaningless. Our friendship was still fresh, joyful and loving.

Her wedding to Jim G. was simple but elegant. It was outdoors, of course (I suspect it's a law in Southern California LOL) . Family and friends came from all over the United States. It was a celebration of real love.

I blessed the couple by having everyone in attendance raise their hands towards Lilian and Jim, had them remember the love and friendship they felt for the couple and asked them to bless the couple with those feelings. (The next day, another couple asked if I'd return to San Diego and do the same for their wedding next year)

On another note: next to the hotel where I stayed was SAN RAFAEL Church. 

On Saturday was The Blessings of the Animals: lots of dogs, a few cats and some turtles. It was a nice distraction for Lilian's grandchildren. On Sunday I attended Mass.  The priest was obviously from Africa and must have been new there because he had to introduce himself to the congregation.

Well, all weekend long, watching the news on the hotel TV, I couldn't help but think about the Ebola outbreak, particularly concerning 
Thomas Eric Duncan, 42, a Liberian (who died Wednesday at the Dallas hospital where he had been found to have Ebola on Sept. 30).


I thought to myself, "If the priest sneezes, it's all over. There'll be a stampede.

No comments:

Post a Comment