Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Born Again


I die.

I shed the past like an old skin. The mask falls from my face and I see the eternal visage of an old friend I almost forgot.

Every year of my life feels like a shackle to be broken. Every challenge, every failure and every victory are far behind me.


Friends of the past are distant echoes. I have no family, never did. Around me, people move through space like planets, some closer than others. 

While some might find this sad, I feel detached. I speak with ancient saints and enjoy the company of angel wings.

What more can I want? 


You've come into this life through the womb. I've left it by way of an inner sanctuary, a hidden hermit's cave with a view of the universe. To come to know your true self is to be born again.  


Am I mad to be this way?

A man walking past an insane asylum saw one of the patients sitting by a window.

The man shouted to him, "Hey, you! How many crazy people live in there?"


The man in the window shouted back, "First you tell me how many sane people live out there?"

No comments:

Post a Comment