Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A day of peace

The weather is getting cooler here in the desert and so I went for a walk to the local UPS store. I've mailed out copies of my books to monasteries I've visited in the past, like Christ in the Desert monastery in New Mexico.  Just my way of strengthening the bonds of brotherhood.

Sometimes I wonder if the best thing for me would be to disappear, so to speak, from the world. The Christ in the Desert monastery is remote and far from any town. Being separate from worldly trivialities helps a monk to focus more on God. Being a monk in the world is challenging and I am getting old and tired.

Maybe I should purchase a cave I saw for sale.  The property also has a simple home, so I wouldn't actually be living full-time in the cave, just have it as a retreat. Here's a picture of it.  It's located in - on second thought maybe I won't tell anyone where to find me.


Ok, just a few friends. Who knows, maybe some will join me.

For now I retreat into my inner monastery, the sacred place within us all. For some, it's easy to find. Others, sad to say, are blind to it. No judgement, that's just the way it is. 

I've reached a new crossroads in my life. The past seems as if it has happened to someone else; it's as vague as an old black & white movie almost forgotten.

Wisdom guides me each step and each step adds to my wisdom. With each step, another tie is broken.


No comments:

Post a Comment