Sunday, October 26, 2014

♫Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away♪♫

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy.
I don't mind, I think they're crazy Running everywhere at such a speed 
Till they find there's no need

Yesterday the brothers and I headed north to visit St Anthony Monastery in Florence, AZ.  We didn't make it.  Even though I saw the turn off I just kept driving straight towards Globe.

I thought there might be another turn off but no. It was soon obvious we wouldn't get there in time (It's an Orthodox monastery and they close the gates to visitors at 2:30 pm).

Well, it's the journey that matters and not the destination. The route we took instead of the direct way was awesomely beautiful in a rugged way; ancient and raw nature, scarred by copper mining but an old wound that would someday heal. 

We 'absorbed' the energy of the rocks and clouds; a meditation in motion.
Today we rest and let the healing of being in the real world of God's creation continue in peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment