Monday, December 22, 2014

keeping Christmas


It's been difficult to find again the joy I once had this time of year. There are moments, like when I set up the nativity set or like last night when Derrick and I stood in front of the house looking at the luminarias lining the curb along the street. (luminarias are made from brown paper bags weighted down with sand and illuminated from within by a lit candle. These are typically arranged in rows to create large and elaborate displays. The hope among Roman Catholics is that the lights will guide the spirit of the Christ child to one's home.)
But it's been a tough year of unexpected events.

I know nothing will give me that feeling. It is something I have to find for myself. So, I will hold on to that peace in my heart and keep my mind of the birth of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment