Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The day of all days


In the mystery of his becoming man, Christ showed us what humanity was meant to become. He showed us the transcendent dignity and destiny of each human person as a child of God.

-- Archbishop Jose Gomez

And so each Christmas we prepare for the Holy Day by opening our hearts not just for the birth of Christ but for our own re-birth. I suppose in a way, it's a spiritual New Year's Day, that is "Out with the old and in with the new."

Yet, the world does the opposite - accumulating gifts, hurrying about with shopping, traveling, cooking and decorating a tree so that it no longer looks like a tree. 


I will have a quiet Christmas along with my brothers, letting it be a time of peace and reflection. The only gift I want is for Christ to enter my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment