Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sticks and Stones


Another day of rest and healing as I contemplate recent events.

A monk avoids entanglements of the world, nevertheless, often there are times when the decisions of others will intrude. 

While in meditation, I had this thought. "Any insinuation that I am less than truthful is more a reflection of the accuser than of reality."

How often do people project their own attitude upon others? I find people who are deceitful automatically assume other people are the same way.  Rather than look in the mirror, they seek a scapegoat to justify their confusion and resentment. 

But I fear no evil. 
“The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.” John 1:5

I admit it is a challenge. I have avoided such people all my life, especially those who resent the fact that I do not live according to their concepts of how to walk in the world. They don't understand. They don't even try. All they can do is blame others for their own self-imprisonment.

And yet, I am grateful. Such challenges only make me stronger, more faithful, more determined.

"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."  John 15:19   

I share these thoughts because I know others who are going through the same experience. I pray for them and hope they pray for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment