Saturday, November 1, 2014

no more distractions


Before the unexpected happened and my life took a new direction, I was working on this manuscript which has since been gathering dust but is now nagging at me. It's time to blow away the dust and ignore the distractions.

Whenever I am writing, it's a struggle but also a joy when words fall beautifully into place. Writing is an art; images arise, take on color and form. In this particular work, it feels as if I've entered another world where I "watch" what is happening and "hear" the voices of the characters. Francis of Assisi becomes a friend who shares the joy and struggles of his life, his inner thoughts and feelings.


The message of the book is an intimate look at the struggle of any soul in this world reaching out for something greater than what the world has to offer.

Something I understand all too well.


And so, I wonder why I allow myself to be distracted by trivialities and deny myself something that brings so much joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment