Monday, November 24, 2014

Challenging myself




It's official. I will be a small part of the Tucson Book Festival on March 15, 2015.

It's a small challenge to put myself out there in the public (if anyone notices me among the crowd of authors, publishers, editors and circus clowns LOL)

I am, however, using that date as a deadline to finish my novel about Saint Francis.

My previous life as a journalist has trained me to work well with deadlines. Knowing it must be completed--writing, editing, design and production--in the next few months gives me incentive, as well as not agonizing over every word.

So, if I am not blogging, facebook-ing, etc for awhile, it's because I am facing my self-imposed deadline. It's a mind game I play on myself, but it works and that's what matters. Much better than some of the other mind games people play. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment