Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reflection

I don't plan on what I will write until the blank space appears. Then I just jot down my thoughts and feelings. As I am doing now.

Not much happens to me, as far as daily life. I can't imagine anyone being interested in the mundane activities of my day. I'm not all that interested.

This is a quiet time for me, a time of reflection. Few people take time for self examination. I suppose not many are willing to be honest with themselves, to take even a moment to wonder what is working in their lives and what needs to be discarded - well, until it's too late to actually do something about it.

For me, it's constantly walking this path, knowing there is more to discover, knowing there is more to life and more within me than I have ever imagined.

Tears are shed as I take the next step. I wave goodbye to what used to be. I take my pilgrim staff. One step then another into the unknown. I feel fear but I also feel a deep faith.

We do not have to wait for Death's call. We let go of the world while living in the world. All that once was so important is just so much straw to be burned.


And when the smoke has cleared, something new emerges nurtured by the ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment